The Emerson Esquire 3-way Prewired Assembly features:
- Emerson Pro CTS 250K Solid shaft pots (plate mount only, import guitars may require drilling out shaft hole to 3/8")
- Oak Grigsby 3-Way switch
- Switchcraft Jack
- New Emerson USA-made .047µf Paper-in Oil Capacitor
- Eldred Esquire tone circuit (named for Mike Eldred of Fender's custom shop)
- Volume Mod (resistor/cap network retains clarity as you turn down, no more mud!)
- Vintage cloth covered wiring
The Eldred tone circuit is:
- Volume, tone bypassed
- Standard volume and tone controls, and .047 Emerson tone capacitor
- Volume and fixed .047 tone capacitor
Emerson Prewired kits are unlike anything else on the market. Not content to use off-the-shelf parts, all Emerson kits feature their own spec CTS pots. These pots have a smooth audio taper, easy turning, and a super-tight tolerance. We've measured several of them and they measure to within +0/-5% of specification (many common pots are as much as +/- 20%). You'll really appreciate the full usable sweep these potentiometers provide.
In 2015 Emerson introduced their own Paper-in-Oil capacitor. Made to Emerson specifications in the USA, these precision hermetically sealed components combine vintage sound and modern manufacturing techniques to maximize your guitar tone. Much like tubes, Paper-in-Oil capacitors are closely identified with "the sound" of vintage guitars and amplifiers. Featuring military-spec tubular construction with sealed glass ends, these components are perfectly sized for guitars, and look so cool you'll hate to put your guitar back together.
Featuring expert workmanship and the best available components, the Emerson Esquire Prewired Kit will surprise you with how much better your guitar or bass will sound. Get an Emerson kit and find out what your controls were meant to do!