This came to us in a trade from a customer and was maintained with great care and is in near new condition. Comes with original hardshell case.
This USA-made G&L L-1505 Bass features:
- Swamp Ash, 3-Tone Sunburst finish, 9 pounds
- G&L Medium C Neck w/ matching headstock
- Satin clear finish maple neck
- Rosewood fingerboard - no top dots
- (1) G&L Magnetic Field Design (MFD) Humbucker pickup
- Passive Volume, Treble and Bass controls
- Series/Parallel pickup mode (mini toggle)
- Active preamp on/off (mini toggle)
- Massive patented Saddle Lock Bridge (a locking saddle screw clamps the saddles together for better sustain)
- Bridge has top-load and body-through string configuration
- Lightweight Aluminum tuning pegs for better instrument balance
- Deluxe hardshell case
Test gear: BBE Bmax preamp, Carvin DCML1000 power amp, Carvin 4x10 cabinet
Like it's big brothers in the L and M families, the L-1505 sports G&L's powerful MFD humbucker, with a slew of tone shaping options. For starters you have G&L's PTB controls for Volume, Treble and Bass which makes fine tuning your sound a snap. In addition you have two mini toggle switches: The first being a parallel/series switch and the other as an on/off switch for the active preamp. This layout is a great bridge between the more complex L-2500 and the passive-only Kilton-5.
Series Mode - Fat, meaty tones with an accentuated midrange growl that still have plenty of articulation, especially when using a pick. Just the ticket for hard driving rock, punk and heavier styles
Parallel - Very much like the blend of the two pickups on a JB, with a smooth silky tone. Great for jazz, pop, funk, or when you want to chill but still lay down a solid groove.
Active/Passive - Just what it says, and switches the bass from purely passive to an active mode with enhance output and high end response. In active mode, it's noticeably crisper with a greater presence. Note that the tone controls in this mode are still passive, as opposed to true boost/cut controls on the G&L M-Series basses)
The L-1505 has been superseded by later innovations like the Kiloton and newly revived CLF L-1000, but it serves as a reminder that G&L has broken barriers all along the way. It's a top notch player and serves as a solid marriage of simplicity and versatility. When you take into account the used pricing, the L-1505 is perfect for studio players and performers who value quality and flexibility on a tight budget.