This G&L ASAT HH is nicely appointed with the following features:
- Mahogany with Clear Red finish, 7.8 pounds
- Original Leo Spec. 1.625" body depth
- G&L 'Modern Classic' neck profile, 9.5" radius, 1-11/16" nut width
- Satin vintage tint finish hard rock maple neck
- Indian Rosewood option with medium jumbo frets
- G&L drilled and split tuners
- G&L AS4255B humbucker neck pickup
- G&L AW4470B humbucker bridge pickup
- G&L Saddle Lock Bridge
- Volume and Tone Control, 3-way switch and coil split
- Plek® Laser Guided fret finishing
- G&L non-compression truss rod for consistent, even relief
- G&L deluxe tolex hardshell case
- Made in USA with G&L custom build sheet
The ASAT HH gives humbucker lovers a step into the ASAT family without the higher cost of the Flame Maple-topped ASAT Deluxe. Compared to the Alder or Swamp Ash HH, you can hear the fatter, warmer tones of this mahogany-bodied model and it gives the Clear Red finish an elegant burgundy hue. While you can comp some pretty cool jazz tones if you choose, the longer scale provides plenty of articulation and note detail. It’s warm…not warm and fuzzy.
The AS4255B neck pickup (42 gage wire, 5500 turns) has a resistance of around 8.4K giving it the solid attack and full midrange you'd except from something like a Duncan '59, but with a little more warmth. Neck tones are smooth and jazzy, but with enough attack to not sound woody or mushy
The G&L AW4470BC bridge pickup is built and voiced very much like the iconic Duncan JB. Overall its got pretty good balance, but with plenty of push to drive a low powered amplifier or pedal into some powerful and well-defined crunch. The body wood gives it more midrange emphasis, but it still was pleasing in the way individual notes rang out, and lack of harshness. For a pickup intended to rock out, it cleans up nicely.
This ASAT HH features a pull-tone control to split both humbucker pickups. The split coil sound is akin to a beefy Legacy. This won't replace a true S-type guitar but it's a nice feature that makes this ASAT all the more versatile across musical genres.
Outfitted with G&L’s Modern Classic neck, this ASAT has a classic 9.5" radius for a smooth bending and quicker navigation of high speed leads. Combined with the smooth Rosewood fretboard this guitar is a total breeze to play. The Plek® fret finishing assures consistent playability up and down the neck, and the G&L saddle lock bridge provides better sustain, and fewer random buzzes or sympathetic vibrations.
Customers have been asking for a “No Top” Deluxe for quite a while, and G&L has listened. It’s every bit a G&L and you’ll dig the unique vibe that you can only get from the synergy of humbucker pickups, longer scale, and bolt-on neck.