Add to Cart
The Depths is an aqualung of fresh air after years of countless Uni-Vibe clones; setting its sights on taking the swirling effect to entirely new places while still honoring the past. The key features on this circuit are the Throb and Voice control. The Voice is a bit like a master tone control with a nuanced effect on thickness. As you dial it down it's warm and fat, and when you crank it up it gets leaner with a pronounced midrange grabbing the core harmonic content of your notes. The Throb control is pure guilty pleasure. You know that luscious low-end swell that only the best Uni-Vibe copies seem to recreate? The Depth's gives you the ability to dial it in lightly, just right, or straight up deep sea diving like you've never heard before. Tweaking the Voice and Throb together give the pedal entirely new sonic profiles that can be further morphed with the Intensity and Rate controls. For example, it is hands down on of the best rotary speaker emulators we've ever heard. Naturally, it nails the classic vibe effect with ease but we think The Depths' true success is in taking the effect further and giving players a chance to hear it in a new way. If you've ever been intrigued with the vibe effect but you don't know how it fits in your sound, explore The Depths.
Direct From Earthquaker Devices...
The Depths is our take on the classic optical vibe circuit. Now you can swab the decks with the same lush, pulsating, three-dimensional swirling sound you know and love, with some modern accouterments for all you land-lubbers out there.
The Depths is optimized for use with all kinds of instruments, pickups, and to play well with dirt, so nobody’s left waiting on shore. If it’s got a ¼” output, plug it in and get deep!
1. Intensity: This controls how subtle or intense the overall effect is. Counterclockwise from noon are the more subtle, classic sounds. Clockwise from noon are the more drastic and intense sounds.
2. Voice: Dials in the overall sound. Turn it clockwise for a fuller sound with more lows, bring it back for a thinner, more midrange focused tone.
3. Rate: Controls the speed of the effect. Counterclockwise for slow, clockwise for fast.
4. Level: Controls the volume of the effect. Unity is around 1 o’clock, everything above that is boost.
5. Throb: This controls the low end pulse. It may not be immediately evident on the bridge pickup, but switch to the neck or add some dirt and it comes alive. All the way up for more throb, dial it back for less. Works best when the Voice is set to a warmer tone.
This device features Flexi-Switch® Technology! This relay-based, true bypass switching style allows you to simultaneously use momentary and latching style switching.
For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass.
For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
Since the switching is relay based, it requires power to pass signal.
This device takes a standard 9-18 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. DO NOT RUN AT HIGHER VOLTAGES!